You may have already scheduled your system tune-up with Cunningham Associates and think that is all you need to do before your Cunningham Technician arrives. However, we have a few tips for what to do before your technician arrives at your home to make their job easier and the tune-up a much quicker process.
- Clear the Space Around Your Unit: Without the space clear around your unit, the technician will not be able to get close enough to the unit to really do his job. Letting the technician have all the space he or she needs will definitely get this tune-up started on the right foot.
- Clean Your Wiring: Take a quick look at the wiring that belongs to your unit. Are they damaged, corroded, rusty or even loose? Make sure to take note of the wires’ condition so if there is an issue, you can tell your technician right away.
- Write Down All Questions: Your service professional doesn’t expect you to know the answers to your own questions and they are there to answer them. If you have any questions about how things work, why the technician is doing something or how, don’t hesitate to ask! Write down your questions in advance so you don’t forget anything.
- Replace Your Thermostat’s Batteries: This seems like the most obvious step when you’re first going to turn on the heat in your home. Trust us: it gets overlooked! Remember to change out the batteries in your thermostat so that you can adjust the temperature from the first day your heat is turned on.
- If you can, use wood or metal-framed storm windows: Even the most high-quality single-glazed windows can have issues when transferring cold air. Storm windows can considerably cut down on the amount of heat that is escaping your home!
Remembering these steps before your Cunningham Associates maintenance technician comes to check your unit will help make the maintenance checkup quick, easy and painless. Don’t forget to schedule your maintenance tune-up today!