Elite® Series EL280E Gas Furnace
Here are some of the top features of the EL280E:
Efficiency ratings of 80% AFUE* can save you hundreds of dollars each year compared to older furnaces**.
Power Saver™ constant-torque motor adjusts airspeed based on demand, helping the furnace use less energy in heating and cooling modes.
Two-stage operation provides more even temperatures in your home.
- Efficiency ratings of 80% AFUE* can save you hundreds of dollars each year compared to older furnaces**.
- Power Saver™ constant-torque motor – adjusts airspeed based on demand, helping the furnace use less energy in heating and cooling modes. The ability to adjust airflow based on demand makes this furnace 46% more efficient than standard motors.
- Sealed blower compartment – permits only 1% air leakage, maximizing comfort.
- Dual-fuel capable – for even greater efficiency, pair your furnace with a Lennox heat pump. This creates a heating system that can switch back and forth between electricity and gas automatically, based on whichever is most cost-efficient for the weather conditions at the time.
- Fully insulated cabinet—ensures quiet, efficient operation
- Two-stage operation provides more even temperatures in your home.
- Continuous low-speed fan slowly circulates air for improved comfort and improved indoor air quality.
- Duralok Plus™ heat exchanger—made of patented ArmorTuf™ steel to ensure high reliability and efficiency
- SureLight® igniter—silicone nitride construction ensures long product life and reliable operation
- Durable steel cabinet—Made to last, with a resilient and attractive textured-paint finish
PublicationsEL280E Product Brochure
*AFUE, or Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency, is a measure of how much usable heat is generated when natural gas is burned in the unit. The higher the AFUE, the more heat you’ll get from your natural gas, and the less gas you’ll have to use to stay warm.
**Criteria used in this example are 2,000 full-load heating hours, with a 60,000 Btuh heating design load and $1.368 ccf for gas. Your actual savings may vary, depending on the weather patterns in your local area, local fuel rates and your individual lifestyle.