Your air conditioning system has a variety of moving parts, just like your vehicles. The same attention and care you give to your cars is the same type of attention and care you should give your air conditioning system. You need your air conditioning system to work consistently, and you need it to operate in a safe, efficient, and reliable manner.
You do not want to find yourself stuck on one of the hottest days in the summer without a working air conditioning unit. With a scheduled air conditioning tuneup, you can avoid any major hassles and frustrations this summer. An air conditioning tune-up can also prevent the need for any emergency calls to an air conditioning service technician.
Generally, an air conditioning service technician will use a variety of checkpoints. When we make a service call, here are some of the things we will do to ensure your air conditioning will run smoothly this summer.
- Ensure your thermostat is properly calibrated because an improperly calibrated thermostat can have a negative impact on your home’s comfort level
- Clean and/or replace the filter if needed because a dirty filter will result in a poorly run air conditioning unit
- Ensure the condenser coils are properly cleaned because dirty coils can result in increased electrical coils due to the additional pressures
- Measure temperature differences
- Lubricate bearings if there are signs of wear and tear
- Ensure all electrical units have been tightened
- Inspect electrical units for any wiring that may be exposed
- Perform an inspection of all safety devices to ensure everything is in safe operating condition
Besides helping you avoid any unexpected breakdowns, an air conditioning tuneup is important because it will increase the lifespan of your unit, in addition to improving your comfort level and reducing your overall operating expenses. If it is time for you to have a tuneup of your air conditioning, please do not hesitate to reach out to Cunningham Associates for more information.