1Proven ResultsWe are proud to have been awarded some of the industry's top honors, including Home Reports Best Pick since 2005 and multiple Angie's List Super Service Awards.
2Long-Term CommitmentOur goal is to create a long-term, caring commitment to our customers through trusting relationships and our dedication to the Atlanta community. We strive to be stewards of our environment and offer the highest quality and most energy efficient products available.
3Superior WorkmanshipOur technicians are the best in the industry. From installation to repair and maintenance, you can count on the expertise of our staff. NATE and EPA-certified, professional, prompt, and respectful of your property, when you call Cunningham, you will have peace of mind.
4Unparalleled Customer ServiceYou can count on Cunningham. We are on a first-name basis with our clients and have dedicated owner commitment and involvement. At Cunningham, customers come first, and it shows.
Why Is My AC Making Noise?
If you have begun to notice that your air conditioner is making loud, disturbing noises, you’re probably wondering what’s going on. Unfortunately, the strange sounds coming from an AC rarely go away on their own and often indicate some internal damage that needs to be fixed.
Calling our AC experts can help you quickly diagnose and fix the noisy unit to restore your comfort, as well as your peace and quiet.
What Are the Most Common AC Noises and Their Causes?
Common types of strange AC noises and their causes include:
- Banging – likely due to a failing compressor or wear and tear on the internal parts that cause them to loosen
- Hissing – could be a sign of a refrigerant leak, bad expansion valve, improperly installed air filter, or a duct leak
- Clicking – caused by something stuck in the blower fan or an electrical issue with the compressor, capacitor, or thermostat
- Buzzing – generally a sign of an electrical issue such as a failing motor, loose wiring, broken capacitor, or malfunctioning compressor
- Screeching/Squealing – outdoor unit noises are likely caused by a faulty fan motor or bad compressor; indoor unit noises are usually from a broken blower fan motor
24-Hour Emergency AC Services
At Cunningham Associates Heating & Air Conditioning, we understand that AC problems never occur at convenient times. Some issues will even need to be handled right away.
That’s why we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to provide a rapid solution. If you have an urgent need for AC repair, we’re the team to call. Check out our Reviews page to see what our customers have to say about working with our team.